Sodium Citrate is a salt derived from citric acid, commonly used as a food additive for its ability to regulate acidity. It can also be used as an emulsifier, a buffer, and a stabilizer, making it a versatile ingredient in the food industry.
Note: This Sodium Citrate is labeled gluten-free but is processed in a facility where allergens such as wheat, soy, and nuts are present. Those with severe allergies should exercise caution.
Some suggestions for using Sodium Citrate include:
- In cheesemaking to adjust the pH and improve the texture of cheese
- In ice cream making to help create a smooth, creamy texture
- In baking to stabilize whipped cream and prevent it from separating
- In the food industry as a pH control agent to improve the shelf life of processed foods
- Packaged in a glassine bag
- 1/2 cup = 4.5 oz
- Gluten-Free and processed in a facility where allergens are present