Garlic powder is a staple seasoning in many households. It is made from dehydrated garlic cloves that have been ground into a fine powder. Its history dates back to ancient times, where it was used for both culinary and medicinal purposes. In the culinary world, garlic powder is used to add flavor to a variety of dishes. It has a milder taste compared to fresh garlic and is a popular choice for those who don't like the strong taste and smell of fresh garlic.
Uses in Recipes
- Add to soups, stews, and sauces for a rich garlic flavor.
- Season meat, poultry, and seafood before cooking.
- Sprinkle over roasted vegetables for added flavor.
- Use as a rub for grilled or roasted meat.
- Stir into mashed potatoes, pasta, or rice dishes for added flavor.