Cubeb berries are also known as tailed pepper or Java pepper. These small berries are native to Indonesia and have a slightly bitter, peppery taste with a hint of sweetness. In ancient times, they were used as a substitute for black pepper and were also believed to have medicinal properties.less Copy code
Suggestions for Use
- Use cubeb berries in place of black pepper in savory dishes for a unique flavor twist.
- Add cubeb berries to pickling spice blends for added complexity.
- Crush cubeb berries and add to marinades or rubs for grilled meats.
- Use in homemade sausage recipes for an interesting twist on traditional flavors.
- Packaged in a glassine bag
- 1/2 cup = 1.5 oz
- Gluten Free *Processed in a facility where allergens are present