Ascorbic acid, also known as Vitamin C, is a powerful antioxidant that can help support a healthy immune system and protect against cellular damage. Whether you want to add a little extra nutrition to your diet or preserve the freshness of your food, ascorbic acid is a versatile ingredient that has many uses in the kitchen.
Uses for Ascorbic Acid
- Use as a natural preservative: Ascorbic acid can help prevent discoloration and spoilage in fruits and vegetables. Simply mix with water and spray on produce to extend its shelf life.
- Add to recipes: Ascorbic acid can enhance the flavor of many dishes. Try adding a pinch to recipes like fruit juice, salsa, or marinades to give them a tangy twist.
- Food and drink fortification: Ascorbic acid is a popular ingredient for fortifying processed foods and drinks, like breakfast cereals and sports drinks, to increase their nutrient content.
The versatility of ascorbic acid makes it a must-have ingredient in any kitchen. Whether you're a home cook or a professional chef, this ingredient is sure to come in handy time and time again.
- Packaged in a glassine bag
- 1/2 cup = 4 oz
- Packaged in a facility where allergens are present